Charter School Revocation Appeals
Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated (T.C.A.) § 49-13-122, the decision by a local education agency (LEA) to revoke a charter agreement may be appealed to the Tennessee Public Charter School Commission beginning in January 2021. However, if the LEA revoked the charter agreement in accordance with T.C.A. § 49-13-122(a) because the charter school was designated as a priority school, the decision cannot be appealed to the Commission. An appeal of a charter school application to the Commission is governed in accordance with T.C.A. § 49-13-108(b)(5) and the Commission Rules and Policies.
A full list of State Board revocation decisions from 2016 through 2020 can be found here.
- Gateway University
- Knowledge Academy
- Knowledge Academy High School
- KA @ The Crossings
- Southwest Early College High School
- Omni Prep Academy - Lower School & Omni Prep Academy - Middle School
- Southern Avenue Charter Middle School
- New Consortium of Law and Business