Charter School Revocation Appeals
Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated (T.C.A.) § 49-13-122, the decision by a local education agency (LEA) to revoke a charter agreement may be appealed to the State Board of Education. However, if the LEA revoked the charter agreement in accordance with T.C.A. § 49-13-122(a) because the charter school was designated as a priority school, the decision cannot be appealed to the State Board.
State Board of Education Charter School Revocation Appeals Policies:
A full list of all revocation decisions can be found here.
- Gateway University
- Knowledge Academy
- Knowledge Academy High School
- KA @ The Crossings
- Southwest Early College High School
- Omni Prep Academy - Lower School & Omni Prep Academy - Middle School
- Southern Avenue Charter Middle School
- New Consortium of Law and Business
For more information regarding charter school appeals, contact:
Tess Stovall, Director of Charter Schools