Gordon B. Ferguson, FACHE, is president and CEO of Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital and president of Saint Thomas Regional Hospitals. He has served as Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital president and chief executive officer since 2006; he was named Saint Thomas Regional Hospitals president in 2015. Ferguson has more than 20 years of healthcare experience and in 2009 was named one of Business Tennessee Magazine’s top 25 hospital operators in Tennessee. In 2010, he was named one of Nashville Business Journal’s Healthcare Heroes and the 2010 Daily News Journal (DNJ) Person of the Year. Ferguson received a bachelor’s degree in business administration with honors from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He earned a master's degree in hospital and health administration from the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Ferguson serves as a board member and executive committee member of the United Way of Rutherford & Cannon County; he is a board member of the American Heart Association, Rutherford County; the Business Education Partnership Foundation; Leadership Middle Tennessee; Alive Hospice Murfreesboro Advisory Board; and the Franklin Synergy Bank Community Board. Ferguson was the 2011 President of the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. He also serves on the boards of the University of Tennessee Knoxville Alumni Association; the University of Tennessee President’s Council; the University of Alabama-Birmingham Graduate Program in Healthcare Administration Alumni Board; and the Tennessee State Board of Education.
In the News:
- Tennessee Board of Education members re-elect Lillian Hartgrove as chairwoman
- John Hood, Gordon Ferguson, John Harney and Kevin Arnold honored by Rutherford Chamber
- Chamber's "Business At Its Best" January 31st at Embassy Suites
- How one Tennessee county can improve mental health
- Gordon Ferguson New Vice Chair TN Board of Education
- State education board members visit Lebanon High School
- Red Cross to honor Ferguson as 'Hero of the Year'