Mr. Robert Eby is currently Chairman of the Tennessee State Board of education after serving 4 years as Vice-Chair. He was appointed to the State Board by Governor Haslam in 2018 to represent the 3rd Congressional District following 16 years of service over a 30-year time period on the Oak Ridge Board of Education.
For the Oak Ridge Board, Eby served as both Chair and Vice-Chair for 13 of the 16 allocated years. He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee with a BS and MS in Chemical Engineering and recieved a diploma from the University of Virginia Darden Business School Executive Program. Previously, he served as the Plant Manager at the 4,000-person Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant in Oak Ridge and served as the Executive Vice-President of Navarro Research and Engineering Company. Eby currently works part-time as a senior technical consultant for Navarro.
Besides his ongoing service to the State Board of Education, Mr.Eby is currently a board member for the KFI, a local organization dedicated to supporting the Ronald McDonald House of Knoxville, TN, and is also on the Glocal Community Fellowship Board, a missionary Board to support Mayan people in Mexico. Previously, Mr. Eby served as a board member for the Oak Ridge Chamber of Commerce and the East Tennessee Economic Council.
In the News:
- Bob Eby Selected as Vice Chair of State Board of Education
- Tennessee Board of Education members re-elect Lillian Hartgrove as chairwoman
- Oak Ridge’s Eby wins award at Chemical Engineers meeting
- Bob Eby to Join Teacher Preparation Report Card Advisory Council
- Historically Speaking: A history of more recent uranium enrichment technologies
- Bob Eby Appointed to State Board of Education