Moblie Homes: De-Titling and Reissuing a Cancelled Title
De-titling a Mobile Home
To de-title a mobile home, mail directly to the Department of Revenue, Vehicle Services Division, 44 Vantage Way, Suite 160 Nashville, Tennessee 37243-8050:
- Letter of request to de-title.
- Certificate of Title (or Certificate of Origin or Manufacturer Statement of Origin in the case of a new home that has not been titled).
- Certified copy of warranty deed or equivalent that shows evidence of real property. (Mobile homes affixed to real property do not have to be titled.)
- Certified copy of the Affidavit of Affixation that is recorded at the local Registry of Deeds Office where the home is located.
Once the de-title process is complete, the lien holder or owner will receive a letter stating the mobile homes has been de-titled.
There is no fee for this service.
Reissuing a Canceled Title
For the purposes of selling, a new Certificate of Title can be reissued for a mobile home by the local county clerk. Owners must provide:
- an abstract of land showing legal ownership of the mobile home and any mortgages recorded.
- a lien release or lienholder's statement that the lien is to be recorded on the face of the Certificate of Title.
All fees will be collected at time of service.