These tutorials provide basic information for taxpayers on the topics listed below. Click on the video’s title to watch:
- Assistance Available from the Tennessee Department of Revenue. (4:11 minutes) This video discusses the various ways you can get assistance from the Department of Revenue.
- Tennessee Sales Tax and Business Tax Issues for Manufacturers. (2:39 minutes) This video defines a "manufacturer" according the Tennessee law, and discusses other issues related to filing sales tax and business tax.
- Business Tax Issues for Contractors. (3:04 minutes) This video will discuss the unique registration and filing requirements for contractors who fall in business classification 4 in Tennessee.
- Common Tennessee Sales Tax Certificates Exemptions. (3:53 minutes) The State of Tennessee has several exemptions for sales tax certificates. Several are discussed in this video.
- Using the Tennessee Sales Tax Resale Certificate. (1:55 minutes) This video defines the "resale certificate" and discusses how it is used in the state of Tennessee.
- Professional Privilege Tax. (3:11 minutes) This informational video explains the tax rate, due date, and which licensed professionals must pay Tennessee’s professional privilege tax.
- Business Tax Classification 1. (3:30 minutes) This video explains the types of businesses that should register for business tax classification 1 (there are five different classification 1 categories).
- Business Tax Classification 2. (2:43 minutes) This video explains the types of businesses that should register for business tax classification 2 and provides examples of such businesses. Businesses that sell tangible personal property typically fall under this classification.
- Busniness Tax Classification 3. (3:20 minutes) This video explains the types of businesses that should register for business tax classification 3 and provides examples of such businesses. Service-based businesses typically fall under this classification.
- Business Tax Classification 4. (2:56 minutes) This video explains the types of businesses that should register for business tax classification 4 and provides examples of such businesses. Contractors and livestock sellers typically fall under this classification.
- New Business Tax Workshop Webinar. (1 hour 55 minutes) This webinar provides information about business tax and sales and use tax for new business owners, but may be beneficial to established owners as well.
- Registering for Tennessee Taxes Using the Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point (TNTAP). (5:32 minutes) This step-by-step video is designed to assist taxpayers with the registration process for Tennessee's state taxes that are currently on TNTAP.
- What is TNTAP? (2:37 minutes) This video provides information about Tennessee's state tax filing, payment and information system.
- TNTAP Overview. (2:22 minutes) This video provides the basics on Tennessee's TNTAP system.
- Creating a TNTAP Logon. (5:09 minutes) This video discusses how to gain access to TNTAP and gather the information needed before requesting access to the system.
Other Helpful Videos
- How to Prepare for an Audit. (5:09 minutes) This video is designed to prepare taxpayers on what to expect should their business be selected for an audit by the Department of Revenue.
- Pursue a Career with Revenue. (3:48 minutes) Our employees are career-minded with a wide range of educational and work experiences. We are always looking for talented new people who share our commitment to excellence. For more information about pursuing a career with the Department of Revenue, visit the Careers section.