How to Apply
Candidates will be subject to reference checks.
Please submit your online application along with a copy of your college transcripts, resume, writing sample, and list of, at minimum, three references (one of which must be academic) to Audit.Internship@tn.gov no later than January 31, 2020.
About Revenue’s Summer Audit Internship Program
The Tennessee Department of Revenue’s Audit Internship Program provides qualified candidates the ability to gain hands-on tax auditing experience before graduating from college. Our paid summer internship program gives candidates the ability to explore, experience and learn one of the primary functions of the Department of Revenue.
As an intern, you will work closely with experienced and established tax auditors. Upon successful completion of the program, you will have gained invaluable experience and insight into an auditor’s job duties and responsibilities. Here are some of the many opportunities you will have:
- Receive same training as a newly hired full-time employee
- Participate in regional team training projects
- Hands on auditing of taxpayer paper and electronic records under supervision of an assigned coach
- State and Local Tax (SALT) research in the Department’s tax system, the Secretary of State’s website, the Internet and social media
- Networking contacts with professionals in your field of study
- Hands-on experience with various accounting, auditing and tax software
- Learning state and local tax laws, rules and regulations, including research techniques – puts you a step ahead of other graduates
- Refine professional interpersonal skills
If you have questions about the internship or application process, please email Audit.Internship@tn.gov.