Continue to visit this page to find more helpful up-to-date resources to help you serve the students in your classroom.
- Watch this video to learn more about the learning disability.
Early Learning Resources:
- Go to this website to find the Tennessee Learning Developmental Standards (TN-ELDS)
Elementary School Resources:
- Bankstreet College of Education: Provides a variety of information ranging from background information on literacy and early reading, sample lesson plans, activities, and information on other literacy and reading resources. Includes important information for working with young children whose first language is not English
- EduTopia: Showcases what works in education and shows educators how to adopt innovative practices
- Florida Center for Reading Research: Student Center Activities for use in K-5 classrooms. Accompanying these Student Center Activities is a Teacher Resource Guide and Professional Development DVD that offers important insights on differentiated instruction and how to use the student center materials
- Reading Rockets: Multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how kids learn to read, why they struggle, and how to help them succeed
- Read Write Think: Provides educators and students access to the high quality practices and resources in reading and language arts instruction
- ReadWorks: Gives teachers the research-proven tools and support they need to improve the reading comprehension of their students. Provides research-based units, lessons, and authentic, leveled non-fiction and literary passages for free
- Scholastic Teachers: Provides a variety of information ranging from background information on literacy and early reading, sample lesson plans, activities, and books
- Storyline Online: A site where children's stories are read by authors and actors
- Tumblebooks: A site where children's stories are read-aloud