- Sept. 30 – Oct. 11 for State and Higher Education
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 25 for Local Education, Local Government and Retirees
This is your chance to choose or make benefit changes that will be effective Jan. 1, 2020. Networks and benefits may change and impact you. Even if you don’t make changes during Annual Enrollment, it’s good to review your enrollment each year. You can enroll or make changes online in Edison ESS.
Attention retirees: Visit the For Retirement Annual Enrollment page customized just for you.
Important for 2020
- Good news! Health insurance premiums are staying the same for active employees (does not apply to state and higher education retirees):
- State and higher education – no premium increase
- Local education – no premium increase
- Local government – no premium increase
- Retirees – state and higher education – 3.2% premium increase
- Retirees - local education and local government – no premium increase
- Health options and network options are not changing.
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are staying the same for all health plans.
- Voluntary products premiums: No premium increases for dental, vision, disability or life insurance plans.
- State and higher education: Important! During the annual enrollment period, you MUST choose your health savings account (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) dollar amounts if you want to put money in them for 2020.
- Acupuncture will be an added benefit. It will be the same as the chiropractic benefit. Find plan comparison charts on the Health page.
- Costs are waived for members who use certain preferred substance use treatment facilities. PPO members who use these high-quality facilities won’t pay a deductible or coinsurance for facility-based substance use treatment; CDHP/HSA members’ coinsurance is waived after they meet their deductible. Copays for PPO members and deductible/coinsurance for CDHP/HSA members will still apply for standard outpatient treatment services.
- Find preferred substance use Optum providers at HERE4TN.com or by calling 855-HERE4TN.
Want to Learn More?
- Find Annual Enrollment newsletters and more on the Enrollment Materials page.
- On the Videos page, you can learn more about preferred provider organizations (PPOs), consumer-driven health plans (CDHP)/HSAs, dental, vision, disability, FSAs, Telehealth and preventive care.
- Click the blue Question? button to ask our help desk a question.
- Click the green Help button at the bottom of the page to live CHAT with a representative.
- You can also join a webinar:
State and higher education (all Central time)
Monday, Sept. 23: 10-11 a.m.
Thursday, Sept. 26: 9-10 a.m.
Monday, Sept. 30: 1-2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3: 2-3 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 7: 10-11 a.m.
Local education and Local government (all Central time)
Monday, Sept. 30: 10-11 a.m.
Thursday, Oct. 10: 1-2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 17: 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 21: 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 24: 10-11 a.m.
If eligible, during Annual Enrollment you can:
- Choose your health insurance option
- Choose or change your health insurance carrier and network
- If eligible, enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in or cancel voluntary accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage (state plan only)
- Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease voluntary term life coverage amounts (state plan only)
- Enroll in Short Term and/or Long Term Disability Insurance (state employees only)
- Enroll in Short Term Disability Insurance (higher education employees only)
- Enroll in flexible benefits (state and higher education employees only)
Enroll or Make Changes in Edison
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Internet Explorer 11 is the preferred browser. Enrolling on your smart phone or mobile device is now possible. This is our first year; we will make improvements based on your experience.
- ESS instructions for state
- ESS instructions for higher education, local education and local government
- Videos will help you:
Enrolling new Dependents?
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materials page.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is your same Annual Enrollment deadline.
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer medical, dental or vision plans will receive new ID cards.
- Because there are no changes to medical, dental and vision coverage, current members who continue their coverage can use the same ID cards.
- New! Optum will mail behavioral health ID cards to all members.
- CDHP/HSA, medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members who continue coverage will use the same debit card.
- If you are a new CDHP/HSA, medical FSA or limited purpose FSA enrollee, you will receive a new debit card from PayFlex.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor’s mobile app.