Each year, Annual Enrollment is your chance to choose benefits or make benefit changes that will be effective the following Jan. 1. Networks and benefits may change and impact you. Even if you don’t make changes during Annual Enrollment, it’s good to review your enrollment selections each year.
If eligible, during Annual Enrollment you can:
- Choose your health insurance option
- Choose or change your health insurance carrier and network
- If eligible, enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in or cancel voluntary accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage (state plan only)
- Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease voluntary term life coverage amounts (state plan only)
- Enroll in Short Term and/or Long Term Disability Insurance (state employees only)
- Enroll in Short Term Disability Insurance (higher education employees only)
- Enroll in flexible benefits (state and higher education employees only)
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer medical, dental or vision plans will receive new ID cards.
- Current members who continue their coverage can use their current/same benefit ID cards.
- New! All CDHP/HSA, Local CDHP/HSA medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members will receive a new debit card from Optum Bank to use starting Jan. 1, 2021. If you have both an HSA and an L-FSA, you will use the same card for both accounts.
- Optum will mail behavioral health ID cards to all newly enrolled health plan members.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor’s mobile app.