Retroactive P-EBT FAQ

The Tennessee Department of Human Services (TDHS) has been working diligently along with the Tennessee Department of Education to resolve any unpaid P-EBT benefit amounts for School Year 2020/2021 (Round 2 and Round 3 P-EBT). The Tennessee Department of Human Services will distribute Retroactive P-EBT Benefits on current P-EBT cards in March 2022. You can see these benefits reflected in the P-EBT Parent Portal  

Retroactive P-EBT benefits resolve any unpaid benefit amounts from School Year (SY) 2020/2021. 

Any child who is eligible for Round 2 or Round 3 P-EBT benefits but has not yet received the full amount will be eligible to receive Retroactive Benefits. Please refer to the eligibility criteria provided at

Each school/school district provided the Tennessee Department of Human Services with information on students who are eligible to receive P-EBT benefits. If you are unsure if your child qualifies for Retroactive Benefits based on the criteria above, please contact the P-EBT help line at (833) 419-3210. 

All Retroactive funds will load onto your current Round 3 P-EBT card in March 2022. If you have discarded your card and need to request a new one, please visit to request a new P-EBT card or call 1 (888) 997-9444. You can also call the P-EBT assistance line at (833) 419-3210.

If you think your student qualifies but you have not received funds on your card, call the P-EBT assistance line at (833) 419-3210. Eligibility criteria is also available to view at

The P-EBT benefit amount reflects each student’s school learning situation according to their school’s attendance record. The amount can vary from student to student, even within a family. TDHS will issue Retroactive Benefits for any month(s) for which a student is eligible but did not receive a benefit during the standard P-EBT Round 2 or Round 3 process.

You can check your P-EBT card balance on or by calling the number on the back of your P-EBT card.

Families who would like to appeal would access the Appeals Online Portal: or call (833) 419-3210.