March 2019 SNAP Benefit Issuance
With USDA Food and Nutrition Service approval, SNAP benefits will be issued to current SNAP recipients in early March.
- No action is necessary for current SNAP recipients to receive benefits in March.
- People who regularly receive SNAP benefits the 1st – 6th day of the month will receive benefits on their usual date. (For example, if Sam usually receives SNAP benefits on the 2nd day of the month, he will receive benefits on March 2, 2019)
- People who regularly receive SNAP benefits the 7th – 20th day of the month will receive benefits on March 6, 2019. (For example, if Julie usually receives SNAP benefits on the 15th day of the month, Julie will receive benefits on March 6, 2019)
- The amount of benefits deposited onto your EBT card will be the same as your usual deposit, or the amount you qualify for. This is not a bonus payment and is intended to cover household food needs through March 2019.
- February SNAP benefits will not expire due to the deposit of March SNAP benefits.
- SNAP benefits can be used once they’re deposited onto an EBT card and at authorized SNAP retailers. SNAP benefits do not have to be used by a specific date. Unspent SNAP benefits are available on the EBT card for purchases up to a year from the deposit date.
DHS will continue to process SNAP renewals, simplified reporting forms and new applications as they are received. SNAP benefits will be issued as funds are available.