What is the purpose of PRAMS?
- TN PRAMS gives us important information about mothers and their babies and helps us learn why some babies are born healthy and others are not
What does PRAMS ask?
- Your experiences and behaviors before, during and after pregnancy
- Your health
- Your baby’s health
- Prenatal care
How do I get selected to participate?
- Each month a group of mothers who recently gave birth in Tennessee are randomly selected from the state’s birth certificate registry
How does the PRAMS survey work?
- Once selected, a survey is mailed to each mother. The mother fills out the survey and returns it in the postage paid envelope
Why should I participate?
- Every pregnancy is different. To get a better overall picture of the health of mothers and babies, we need each mother selected to answer questions
- Your answers will help us find out about the experience of new moms, which will help us develop and improve programs for future moms and babies
Are my answers kept private?
- Your answers are kept strictly confidential
- Your name will not appear on any reports from TN PRAMS
- Your answers will be combined with answers from other moms
- No reports can be traced back to you