Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ for TNSTRONG Youth Summit
When and where is the TNSTRONG Youth Summit?
- Date: July 21-23, 2024
- Location: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Are there age requirements to attend the TNSTRONG Youth Summit?
- Yes, there are minimum age requirements.
- Adult chaperones must be 21 years or older.
- Youth attendees must be rising 8th graders to rising college freshmen and between 13 to 19 years old.
How much does it cost to attend the summit?
- The TNSTRONG Youth Summit is FREE to attend. Conference lodging, materials, meals, and snacks are included as well.
How do I register for the TNSTRONG Youth Summit?
- Complete the registration HERE
What is included in the registration process?
- General Information as well as:
- Medical Treatment Form for TNSTRONG Event
- TNSTRONG Guidelines and Dress Code
- Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risks, and Indemnification Agreement
- These forms should be signed by the participant as well as a parent/guardian if you are under age 18. Any minor without forms signed by their parent or guardian will not be allowed to participate in the Summit.
Do chaperones have to register?
- Yes, everyone must register.
- Anyone who attends the TNSTRONG Youth Summit is required to participate in all conference events including the Chaperone Orientation on the night of July 21, 2024.
What is included in my registration?
- 3 days/2 nights – multiple occupancies
- Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and Tuesday breakfast and lunch
- Conference T-shirt
- Breakout Sessions
- Tobacco prevention education
- Peer-led education, team building, and networking opportunities
What are my transportation options for getting to and from the event?
All attendees are responsible for securing transportation to the Summit. Contact your Regional or Metro Tobacco Coordinator to find more information about transportation options.
Chaperones can submit reimbursement for mileage to and from the Youth Summit.
- Mileage request forms will be available at the conference to complete with your Regional or Metro Tobacco Coordinator.
- A completed W-9 request must be submitted with your mileage request.
- The address listed on the W-9 and the Mileage Request Form must have the same address in order to receive reimbursement.
- As a chaperone for the TNSTRONG Youth Summit, you will also need to register as a state vendor/supplier to receive reimbursement.
When will we receive our hotel information?
- You will receive your hotel room number when you arrive at the hotel and check in with our event staff. To guarantee a hotel room, you must register by May 31, 2024.
What if I can’t attend after registering?
- Please email us at email@example.com as soon as you know you are not going to be able to attend. Be sure to contact your local Health Educator as well.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for chaperone information.