STD Prevention Field Services
ield Services is an essential link between clinic services and infected persons or those at risk for acquiring a sexually transmitted disease. Field Services staff is composed of highly trained, professional Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS), supervisors and managers assigned to county and metro health departments throughout the state.
Some of the core functions of Field Services are:
- Confidential counseling, testing, and treatment of those persons who are infected or who have been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease;
- Verification of diagnosis and treatment of all reportable STDs from public and private providers;
- Partner referral services which provides notification, screening and treatment to sexual partners;
- Educational and counseling services to those at risk for sexually transmitted diseases as well as the community in general.
Field Services include:
- Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP)
- While Tennessee is not a GISP site, we continue to monitor for the emergence of antimicrobial resistant gonorrhea.
Tennessee Department of Health Field Services
Andrew Johnson Tower, 4th Floor
710 James Robertson Pkwy Nashville, TN 37243