Expecting parents should consult with their health care provider and may also consider contacting the organizations listed below for more information that will be helpful in deciding to participate in an umbilical cord blood banking program.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (www.aap.org)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (www.acog.org)
- March of Dimes (www.marchofdimes.com)
- National Cord Blood Program (www.nationalcordbloodprogram.org)
- National Marrow Donor Program (www.marrow.org)
- US Department of Health and Human Services (bloodcell.transplant.hrsa.gov)