A brochure developed by Parent's Guide to Cord Blood Foundation, available in English, Español, and several other languages, provides parents with more information about cord blood banking.
Expecting parents should consult with their health care provider and may also consider contacting the organizations listed below for more information that will be helpful in deciding to participate in an umbilical cord blood banking program.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (www.aap.org)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (www.acog.org)
- March of Dimes (www.marchofdimes.com)
- National Cord Blood Program (www.nationalcordbloodprogram.org)
- National Marrow Donor Program (www.marrow.org)
- US Department of Health and Human Services (bloodcell.transplant.hrsa.gov)