MCH Block Grant Funding
- Matching Dollars
- For every four ($4) federal dollars received, the state must match them with three ($3) state dollars
- Maintenance of Effort
- State funding for maternal and child health programs must continue at least at the level it was in 1989
- 30-30-10 Rule
- At least thirty percent (30%) of federal funds must be used for preventive and primary care services for children
- At least thirty percent (30%) of federal funds must be used for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN).
- No more than ten percent (10%) of federal funds may be used for state administration of funds.