The Tennessee WIC Program has participating grocers and pharmacies that are currently authorized to accept WIC Food Instruments (FIs) in all 14 regions of the state. In addition, authorized groceries also accept Cash Value
Vouchers (CVVs) for fruits and vegetables. In order to participate in the WIC Program, WIC grocers must also be authorized to accept Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly Food Stamps) and carry a “market basket” of staple foods.
In addition, their annual sales of WIC food items may not be more than 50% of the store’s total food sales. WIC-authorized vendors must stock the minimum amount of WIC-approved foods and their prices must be comparable with other vendors of similar type in their region. Pharmacies are only authorized to accept WIC FIs for specialized infant formulas and WIC-eligible nutritionals. Vendors must participate in training prior to initial authorization and at least once every 12 months thereafter in order to ensure that WIC policies and procedures are followed and that WIC transactions are handled appropriately.
Vendors are monitored on a regular basis by Vendor Management staff and are subject to undercover investigations to verify compliance with the Program.
For additional information and forms, click on the links below.
How to Become a WIC Vendor
What you need to do:
- Submit a completed application (PH-2601) to the regional office in your area. Click here to learn which region your store is located in, and then click here for Regional Office contact information. If available, submit a copy of your SNAP authorization with your completed WIC application. If you have not received your SNAP authorization you must submit a copy before you can be authorized as a WIC Vendor. Authorization cannot be completed until the SNAP information is available. This applies to pharmacies only if authorized to accept SNAP benefits. Faxed or scanned/e-mail copies are acceptable but must be followed up by mailing the original to the Regional Office.
- Submit a "Grocer Price Report" (GPR) (PH-3215) for regular stocked WIC food items. Click here for the Grocer Price Report (GPR) (PH-3215) form. Faxed or scanned/e-mail copies are acceptable. This GPR is not applicable to pharmacies. However, a Therapeutic Formula and WIC-Eligible Nutritionals Price Report (PH-4200) must be submitted by groceries who carry any of these products and all pharmacies. Click here for the Therapeutic Formula & WIC-Eligible Nutritionals Price Report (PH-4200).
- Refer to "Other Important Information" for guidance concerning eligible WIC foods and required quantities, program policies and procedures and a listing of local WIC offices.
- Vendor Application for 2016-2018 (PH-2601) Sample only, Contact your Regional Office for application and related material.
- Grocer Price Report (GPR)
- Therapeutic Formula & WIC-Eligible Nutritionals Price Report
WIC Food Packages Information
- Food Package Policy for 2016-2018
- Minimum Stock Requirements for 2016-2018
- Approved WIC Foods for Infants for 2016-2018- English
- Approved WIC Foods for Infants for 2016 –2018 Spanish
- Approved WIC Foods for Women and Children for 2016-2018 – English
- Approved WIC Foods for Women and Children for 2016-2018 – Spanish
- Cashier Card for 2016-2018
- Vendor Training for 2016-2018