WIC and COVID-19
Additional WIC-Approved Food Items during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tennessee WIC Program will be adding the following food items for you to purchase with your TNWIC Card through until further notice. You may purchase these as long as the amounts are available for your household:
- Eggs: All sizes (medium, large, extra-large) and organic
- Cheese: 32 oz. packages (sliced, block, shredded), if on your benefit list
- Lower Fat Milk: Gallon size of 2%, when 1%, Skim or Fat Free, or Sweet Acidophilus gallon is not available
- Bread: Up to 24 oz. whole grain, when 16 oz. is not available or organic 16 oz. whole grain pastas
- Juice: 100% juice in 46 oz. can, when 48 oz. bottle is not available
- Fish: Tuna (2.6 oz) / Salmon (2.5 oz.) pouches including flavored, when approved sizes are not available
- Baby Food: Organic jars or twin packs
We hope these additional items will make your shopping experience at an authorized WIC grocery store easier.
Do you have or need a WIC appointment? Services are being done by phone. Call your local county health department or 1-800-DIAL-WIC.
WIC Approved Food Lists
These pamphlets are the “Tennessee WIC Shopping Guides” and are available in English, Spanish, and Arabic. Previously, we had one list for women and children, and a separate one for infants. These are now combined into one guide. The guides below do NOT include the items temporarily added to the WIC program during the COVID-19 pandemic. To see the temporarily added items, please scroll to the top of this page. Click the links below to view our Shopping Guide: