National Nutrition Month
National Nutrition Month® 2019!
National Nutrition Month is a nutrition education and information campaign sponsored annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. National Nutrition Month®, held annually in March, focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Click here to access the National Nutrition Month Celebration toolkit, games, handouts, and more!
1. Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style.
2. Choose foods and drinks that are good for your health.
3. Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
4. Select healthier options when eating away from home.
5. Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that's right for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
6. Keep it simple. Eating right doesn't have to be complicated.
7. Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
8. Help to reduce food waste by considering the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
9. Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
10. Consult the nutrition experts. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can provide sound, easy-to-follow nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
Celebrate National Nutrition Month
Click the images below to check out the recipes, activities, and handouts for you and your family.