How to get help
If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, contact:
1. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255). The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
National Suicide Prevention Logo(English): https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/NSPL_Logo.jpg
National Suicide Prevention Logo(Spanish): https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Spanish-Lifeline-logo.jpg
2. The TN Statewide Crisis Line at 855-CRISIS-1 (855-274-7471), available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for anyone in Tennessee experiencing a mental health crisis. All calls are routed to a trained crisis counselor in your area, who will provide you support and guidance, and work to connect you with appropriate community supports. This service is free!
TN Statewide Crisis Line Logo: https://www.tn.gov/behavioral-health/need-help/crisis-services/tn-statewide-crisis-phone-line.html
3. Text “TN” to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor. Free 24/7 support at your fingertips.
Crisis Text Line Logo: https://www.crisistextline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/logo-square.jpg
4.For more specific information on how to find help and support in your local Tennessee area, please visit https://www.tspn.org/regional-information/
5. The Tennessee Redline, 1-800-889-9789, provides accurate, up-to-date alcohol, drug, problem gambling, and other addiction information and referrals to all citizens of Tennessee at their request. The Redline provides referrals for Co-Occurring A&D disorders that arise along with Mental Health disorders.
6. The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, 24/7 confidential resource that’s available to anyone, even if you are not registered with the VA or enrolled in VA health care. The caring, qualified responders at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Active Military and Veterans of all ages and circumstances. If you are in crisis and need to speak with a crisis responder, please call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1.