Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ for TNSTRONG Youth Summit
Are there age requirements to attend the TNSTRONG Youth Summit?
- Yes, there are minimum age requirements. Adult chaperones must be 21 years or older. Youth attendees must be rising 8th grade – College Freshman. (13-19 year old's)
Do chaperones have to register?
- Yes, everyone must register, and if you are an attendee you are required to be in full participation of all conference events
What are my transportation options for getting to and from the event?
- All attendees are responsible for securing transportation to the Summit. Contact your Regional or Metro Tobacco Coordinator to find more information about transportation options.
- Chaperones can submit reimbursement for mileage to and from the Youth Summit.
What does registration include?
- Three days/2 nights hotel (multiple occupancies)
- All meals from Sunday dinner to Tuesday lunch
- Conference T-shirt
- Breakout session opportunities
- Tobacco prevention education
- Peer-led education, teambuilding, networking opportunities
When will we receive our hotel information?
- You will receive your hotel room number when you arrive at the hotel and check in with our event staff. To guarantee a hotel room, we must have your registration by April 30, 2020. Send your forms to your Regional Tobacco Coordinator as soon as possible.
Where can I find the Permission Forms?
- After you register, you will receive an email with specific information and a list of required forms, where to send them, along with other relevant information.
- The Permission form is in the process of being updated we will post it soon.
What do I need to do with my forms?
- It is essential that all participants scan and email the three required forms ASAP to their Regional/Metro Tobacco Coordinator or Health Educator. Click here for a list of the Regional/Metro Tobacco Coordinators contact information. These forms should be signed by the participant as well as a parent/guardian if under age 18. Any minor without forms signed by their parent or guardian will not be allowed to participate in the Summit. The three required documents include:
- Medical Treatment Form for TNSTRONG Event
- TNSTRONG Guidelines for Youth and Staff
- Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risks, and Indemnification Agreement
What if I can’t attend after registering?
- Please email us at email@example.com as soon as you know you are not going to be able to attend.
- Also, contact your local Health Educator
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.