CHANTCommunity Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee
What is CHANT?
Navigating the complex system of health and social services can be challenging for many individuals and families, and depending on individual needs and medical diagnoses, care may involve a number of programs, providers, and personnel. To overcome these challenges, the Tennessee Department of Health recently streamlined three public health programs, Help Us Grow Successfully (HUGS), Children’s Special Services (CSS) and Tenncare Kids Community Outreach into one integrated model of care coordination, the Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT). CHANT teams provide enhanced patient-centered engagement, navigation of medical and social services referrals, and impact pregnancy, child and maternal health outcomes.
Who is eligible?
Individuals eligible for CHANT include:
- Pregnant and postpartum adolescents and women
- Children (Birth – 21 years)
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (Birth – 21 years)
Have a referral?
CHANT Care Coordination teams are located in each of the 95 Tennessee counties within local health departments. Referrals are accepted from all medical providers and social service agencies. Self-referrals to CHANT are also accepted. The CHANT referral form and a listing of local CHANT teams are available using the buttons below or by contacting the CHANT Program Director, Brittney Stewart,at email@example.com or (615-532-8192).
Comprehensive Screening and Assessment
Each member of the family unit is screened for the following:
- Social services needs
- Mental /behavioral health risk
- Child health and development milestones
- Special health care needs
- Medical risk
- Health insurance
- Medical and dental services
Pathways of Care
- Behavioral Health
- Child Health and Development Education
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- Dental Home/Referral
- Developmental Screening/ Referral
- Family Planning
- Health Insurance
- Immunization Screening/ Referral
- Maternal Loss
- Medical Home/Referral
- Pregnancy/ Postpartum
- Perinatal Loss
- Smoking Cessation
- Social Service Referral
- Transition of CYSHCN 14+ yrs.
- Link patients and families with resources to facilitate referrals and respond to medical and social service needs
- Communicate Care plans and goals and proactively track patients as they go to and from clinical care to communities
- Identify and refer eligible high risk patients to available EBHV Programs