Tattoo Artists and Establishments
The Tennessee Division of Environmental Health licenses and inspects tattoo artists and establishments in the state of Tennessee. “Microneedling” is not a part of the Tattoo Program, you may contact the TN Department of Health, Health Related Boards at 615-532-3202 for further assistance.
- 2020 Infection Control Training Class (BBP)
- Tattoo Exemption Statement of Understanding
- Medline Plus: Tattoos and Piercings
- Centers for Disease Control: Can I get HIV from getting a tattoo or through body piercing?
- Teens Health: Body Piercings
- Mayo Clinic: Tattoos and Piercings: What you should know before you go under the needle
- U.S. Health & Human Services: Body Piercing and Risky Behavior: Is There a Connection?
*Tennessee Code, Title 62, Chapter 38