COVID-19 Health Disparity Task Force
As we work to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Tennessee, we recognize the disproportionate impact this virus and other health and social inequalities has on communities of color. The Tennessee Department of Health, Office of Minority Health, is launching a Statewide Health Disparities Task Force to help us start addressing these disparities right now by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of disseminating information to communities.
The task force will also examine existing data, monitor trends, and hear from those living, working and serving our communities to generate responsive solutions and policies to reduce these disparities. Members of the task force will include community and faith-based partners, academia, health care providers and public health officials.
Task Force Meeting Information
Meetings are held every Thursday from 1:00 - 2:00 pm CST. If you would like to join the call please email email@example.com and state you would like the weekly stakeholder meeting information emailed to you.
To view the agenda and slides from the meeting held November 19, 2020 click here.
To view the agenda and slides from the meeting held December 3, 2020 click here.
COVID-19 Disparity Data
COVID-19 special population data is now available. To view the latest pregnancy dashboard, disparity dashboard, and COVID cases among school-aged children, click here.
- Zip Code Level Maps of Recent Testing and Case Rates available at: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/data/maps.html.
- Click on "recent trends by Zip Code" and choose your region of interest from the drop down menu. The maps will be updated weekly on Wednesday.
- New TDH COVID -19 Videos in Spanish:
- New COVID-19 Spanish Language Resource webpage is live!
- "Face It" Ad Campaign to Promote Masks to Fight COVID-19
- Downloadable Datasets for available COVID-19 data
- The Tennessee Department of Education released the initial COVID-19 Impact Report, which provides context and data on the impact extended school closure has had on the wellbeing of students and the current effect the global pandemic has had on chlidren and families. The initial COVID-19 Impact Report can be found here, along with a companion summary here.
- The Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) has issued a Request for Application (RFA) for Maternal Mortality Action Project Funding Opportunity for which your business or organization may be interested. All information can be found here.