Annual Enrollment Period
The next Annual Enrollment will be held in the fall of 2018.
Changes in coverage become effective the following January 1. *Participants must remain enrolled in their selected benefit options until the next year, unless they lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.
Subject to eligibility, during Annual Enrollment, you can:
- Choose your health insurance option
- Choose your health insurance carrier and network
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if offered by your agency)
- Enroll in or cancel voluntary accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage (state plan only)
- Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease voluntary term life coverage amounts (state plan only)
- Enroll in flexible benefits (state and higher education employees only)
- Enroll in short-term disability insurance (state and higher education employees only)
- Enroll in long-term disability insurance (state employees only)
All eligible employees are sent information on available healthcare options, premiums, a listing of benefit changes, service areas and vendor changes for the upcoming year.
*A qualifying event or family status change is something that results in a covered person becoming newly eligible for other coverage. Examples include birth, marriage, divorce and new employment. If you or your covered dependent(s) experience one of these events and need to make changes to your coverage, or you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage and who qualifies, contact your agency benefits coordinator.