Electronic Reporting Schedule
EPA has been phasing in the requirements of the Rule over a five year period following the December 21st, 2015, effective date. EPA is working with states, tribes, territories, and software vendors to develop and have in place all of the necessary electronic reporting tools in advance of the deadline (December 21, 2020). Information on how to submit these reports electronically will be provided here prior to that date.
NPDES permittees that are currently required to submit Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs) must submit them electronically starting on December 21, 2016 (unless their permit directs otherwise or they received a waiver). Also included in Phase 1 is electronic reporting of the Sewage Sludge Annual Program Reports.
NPDES permittees and other regulated entities that are currently required to submit the following reports must begin submitting them electronically by December 21, 2020 (unless their permit directs otherwise or they received a waiver):
- Notices of Intent to discharge (NOIs) under a general permit
- Notices of Termination (NOTs) of coverage under a general permit
- No Exposure Certifications (NOEs) under a stormwater general permit
- Low Erosivity Waivers (LEWs) under a stormwater general permit
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Annual Program Reports
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program Reports
- Pretreatment Program Annual Reports
- Sewer Overflow/Bypass Event Reports
- Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 316(b) Annual Reports
This Page Last Updated: October 4, 2019 at 10:25 AM