Compliance Tool Box
Compliance Tool Box is a collection of documents and references all designed to help tank owners learn about and achieve compliance with the Tennessee Underground Storage Tank rules and regulations. Copies are mailed to all Tennessee tank owners early in each year.
Follow the directions below to download a free copy of the 2021Compliance Tool Box — 1.20 GB file.
- Once the download is complete, go to the folder where you saved the zipped file and you will see a folder labeled Toolbox.zip. Double click this folder. It will open the contents where you will see several folders and files.
- A dialog box should appear that ask if you want to extract all, run or cancel. Select extract all. It will ask you to select a folder for extraction. Click Extract.
- Once extracted the folder should open automatically. You will see folders and files. Double click the application called 2021Toolbox and the Toolbox will open. Any time you want to reopen the 2021 Toolbox you should be able to go back to this folder and just double click the 2021 Toolbox.
All the features of the program should work on your Windows compatible computer. As you navigate the Toolbox you can always go back to the starting page by clicking Main Menu in the upper right hand corner. To exit the Toolbox, click the X in the box in the upper right hand corner. MOst of the forms and UST resources have een downloaded and are a part of the toolbox. That means that for the majority of items, you will not need an internet connection
There are some links on the toolbox that will only access documents on other web sites. You may only view those if your computer is connected to the Internet. Otherwise you will get a message indicating that page cannot be viewed.
Standardized Inspection Manual and Operator information Resources
The Division adopted a Standardized Inspection Process for every inspection. Please follow the link below to access the inspection manual sections, the Operator Manual and the Quick Reference Guide.
Tennessee Underground Storage Tank Owner Compliance Manual------Publication Retired
This manual is no longer being updated but is provided here as a historical reference. Please see the resources in the Standardized Inspection Process section above more helpful information. This manual was developed as an effort to help Tennessee tank owners understand how achieve and maintain compliance for their underground storage tanks
Other Useful Links
The Division has located several documents that describe some Best Management Practices (BMPs) or are good resources.
- Suggested Periodic Maintenance for Automatic Tank Gauges and Sensors from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, Division of Oil and Public Safety, July, 2001
- Line Leak Detector Maintenance Checklist from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, June, 2001
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Magnetostrictive and Ultrasonic Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Mass Buoyancy Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Spill And Overfill Operation & Maintenance Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- Walk-Through Inspection Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- What to do before, during and after fuel delivery from Underground Storage Tank Operation and Maintenance Manual, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, March, 2000
- Operating and Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help and Checklists (EPA, August 2000) and encourage their compliance with UST requirements.