The Tennessee Division of Underground Storage Tanks appreciates your interest in participating in our virtual TN Tank School UST operator training opportunity.
Tank School is a training opportunity originally developed and taught in-person; however, in 2020, Tank School moved to a virtual setting. The virtual TN Tank School class provides a live classroom style for UST Class A and B operator training. TN Tank School is designed to: increase tank owners and/or operators understanding of regulatory compliance with the TN underground storage tank rules, prepare them for future compliance inspections, and inform them of any upcoming new regulatory requirements. TN Tank School will cover UST systems equipment, UST systems operational and testing requirements, all recordkeeping and reporting requirements, and up to date and relevant information within the TN UST Program. Attendees who complete the entire class and score a 70 or higher on the class final exam will be given a TN Certificate of UST Class A and B Operator Training. TN Tank School attendance may be voluntary, a requirement to address operational compliance violations from a recent operational compliance inspection, or to meet an operator retraining requirement.
The TN Tank School virtual class process includes:
- Class Registration. Must be completed and submitted in advance of one week before the scheduled class date, using the provided registration link.
- Class Pre-Test. Must be completed and submitted the Friday before the day of class using a provided survey monkey link for access to the pre-test.
- Day of Class. Class is a full day (approximately 6-8 hours). This includes the live class presentation (in class discussions and questions are encouraged) and the final exam completion prior to exiting the class. Online attendance is monitored throughout the day. Plan your schedule for the day of class to minimize distractions. The virtual class requires adequate internet service and audio to participate.
- Post-Test. Must be completed immediately after the virtual class. Failure to complete the post-test will result in a non-attendance of the Tank School class. A score of 70 or above is required to pass the class and receive a certificate.
If you are taking this class to meet operator retraining requirements from a recent compliance inspection, failure to complete these four components of the class in the timeline required could lead to future enforcement action. A certificate will be required to satisfy the operator retraining requirement.
If the class Pre-Test has not been completed and submitted the Friday before the class date, you will be removed from the current class roster. You must then register for the next available class.
Completion of the Pre-Test will not provide a score, a verification of completion screen will be shown. We recommend taking a screenshot of the completion screen
for verification. If you would like your pre-test score prior to class, please contact Mitzie Berry
Virtual Tank School Classes for 2023
|Class Date||Last Day to Register
(1 week before classes)
|Registration Link||Pre-Test Link|
|Wednesday, January 11, 2023||Wednesday, January 4, 2023||Closed|
|Wednesday, February 8, 2023||Wednesday, February 1, 2023||February Class|
|Wednesday, March 8, 2023||Wednesday, March 1, 2023||March Class|
|Wednesday, April 12, 2023||Wednesday, April 5, 2023||April Class|
|Wednesday, May 10, 2023||Wednesday, May 3, 2023||May Class|
|Wednesday, June 14, 2023||Wednesday, June 7, 2023||June Class|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2023||Wednesday, July 5, 2023||July Class|
|Wednesday, August 9, 2023||Wednesday, August 2, 2023||August Class|
|Wednesday, September 13, 2023||Wednesday, September 6, 2023||September Class|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2023||Wednesday, October 4, 2023||October Class|
|Wednesday, November 8, 2023||Wednesday, November 1, 2023||November Class|
|Wednesday, December 13, 2023||Wednesday, December 6, 2023||December Class|
Anyone Can Register for Tank School
The Division encourages continuing education and training to ensure our regulated community stays current with our requirements. Plus attending tank school is an opportunity to ask questions and interact with knowledgeable and experienced staff. Please feel free to register for any available class. There are no fees for Tank School registration and attendance.
Has the Division Required You to Take Tank School?
In this case the Division has sent a letter requiring tank school attendance by a specific compliance date. Be sure to register for a class that well precedes the compliance date. Remember registration for each class closes one week prior to the class date. Be sure to register early to meet the deadline established by the Division.
The following are basic requirements to attend online Tank School:
- Access to a computer with a reliable internet connections;
- Access to a reliable audio source (I.E. cell phone, computer speakers, headset, etc.);
- Valid email Address;
- Ability to complete an online pre-test prior to class and an online post-test after the class presentation, and;
- Ability to attend and actively participate during the entire class session (Approximately six (6) hours).
Questions concerning Tank School or the registration process please contact: