During the conference, attendees benefit from over 13 hours of technical sessions and close to 8 hours for networking. You will be able to customize your schedules to fit your interests by mixing and matching from eight concurrent breakout sessions. Download our draft presentation schedule to get a feel for what to expect.
The types of topics that will be featured are listed below to give you an understanding of the scope of the Environmental Show of the South, without having to read through our detailed agenda.
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Toxic Substances
- Environmental Law
- The Future of Recovered Material Collection
- Emerging Contaminants
- Solid Waste
- Water: Landfill Leachate Issues
- Air Quality
- Long-Term Solid Waste Solutions
- Hazardous Waste
- Water: Community Funding and Solid Waste Permits
- Safety in the Materials Management Workplace
- Coal Combustion Residuals
- Stormwater and Aquifer Protection
- Vapor Intrusion
- Outreach and Program Branding
- State of Tennessee Air Permitting Workshop*
* Note: Attendees must pre-register to attend this workshop, although there is no additional cost. It will provide air quality and permitting information that applies to both large and small sources of air pollution in Tennessee. The workshop consists of a joint morning session with a general overview of Tennessee air quality and permitting information, with two afternoon sessions tailored specifically to Title V (large) and non-Title V (small, also called true minor or conditional major) sources of air pollution. Note that this workshop is primarily for sources permitted directly by the State of Tennessee (sources not located in Davidson, Shelby, Knox, or Hamilton Counties since those counties issue their own permits to facilities not owned by the State of Tennessee), although anyone is welcome to attend.