2nd Annual Hub and Spoke Workshop
On April 5th - 7th, 2017 the TDEC Division of Solid Waste Management's Materials Management group will host the 2nd Annual Hub and Spoke Workshop at Natchez Trace State Park. The workshop will benefit publicly funded Tennessee Recyclables Processing Hubs and Recyclables Collection Spokes, privately operated, post-consumer recovered materials processing facilities (RMPFs), and potential Hubs and Spokes in identified areas of need (Northwest and Northeast Tennessee). This year's workshop will feature:
- Collaboration with Hubs on new Hub and Spoke funding standards.
- Guest presentation from Mitch Kessler of Kessler Consulting, Inc. to discuss effective contracting and partnerships for Hub and Spoke models.
- Guest presentation from The Recycling Partnership to discuss effective education and outreach strategies, marketing tool kits, and reducing contamination from collection to processing.
- How to gain support for your program from local elected officials.
- Grant workshop for the April 2017 Hub and Spoke grant offering.