A virtual school is a public school in which the school uses technology to deliver a significant portion of instruction to its students via the internet in a virtual or remote setting. Virtual schools are created, operated and overseen by a school district. In Tennessee, public virtual school students are measured against the same academic standards as students in traditional public school settings.
New September 1, 2021: Re-Opening of Virtual School Application
- Updated Program and School Authorization Form
- Quick Reference Guide for Opening or Expanding a Virtual School
- 2020-21 Virtual School FAQs for School Districts
- How to Open a New Public Virtual School
- List of Active TN Public Virtual Schools