Welcome! This space is for the recipients of a CCLC or LEAP grant. Each of your programs brings a strength to Afterschool programming, and you can share these strengths with each other. Also, you will find resources for lesson planning that will help you incorporate state academic standards in a way that makes both teaching and learning fun. Please use the list below to scan the information and make use of anything you find. Also, email any new ideas and useful sites and links to Janell.Wood@tn.gov or Don.Sims@tn.gov. Useful links, lessons, and ideas for the Toolkit Tip will be updated on a regular basis. We hope to alternate posting your sites and ideas to showcase your programs.
- 21st CCLC Program Manual
- 21st CCLC Participation Report Executive Summary 2013-2014
- 21st CCLC Participation Report Full Report 2013-2014
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers 2015-16 Promising Practices Report
- LEAPs Program Manual
- Standards for School Administered Child Care Programs
- Sign up for the TDOE Extended Learning Quarterly Newsletter
Tennessee Academic Standards
Use these standards to ensure that your lessons are targeting the state assessed standards. Even “fun” lessons, like the one outlined just below the standards links can be planned with standards embedded. Some folks refer to this as “disguised learning,” but these fun lessons promote learning just the same.
Extended Learning Webinars and Power-points are located in ePlan under the TDOE Resources tab.
- 20 Edutopia ideas for Project based Learning
- Academic Skill Builders
- Apples for the Teacher
- Annenberg Learner - Lesson Plan Resource for Grades K-12
- Curriculum Ideas
- Cyber Chase
- Everyday Mathematics
- Khan Academy
- Kid’s Zone: Learning with National Center for Education Statistics
- Kinetic City - Web based computer science games and activities
- Let’s Read Math
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- PBS: Design Squad - Science activities
- Program Tips
- SPARK: Guided Physical Fitness Lesson Plans for Grades K-12
- Teachers Try Science - Free science lesson plans and projects
- The SEDL National Center for Quality Afterschool
- TOPS free lesson plans
- Vanderbilt University: Teaching Outside the Classroom
- You For Youth (Y4Y) a free best practices and staff professional development training website.