Continuous Learning Plans
The COVID-19 health pandemic has been unlike any other time and has significantly shifted education in Tennessee and the nation. As noted in the department’s Reopening Schools: Overview Guide for LEAs, the pandemic has elevated known gaps, and there is urgency for a child-centered strategy. This is especially true for our youngest learners, those with existing achievement gaps, those in rural communities, and those who need additional school-based services.
On June 22, 2020, the Tennessee State Board of Education promulgated the Continuous Learning Plan (CLP) Emergency Rule 0520-01-17 and Policy 3.210. Based on that rule and policy, the Tennessee Department of Education produced a template and rubric on June 26, 2020.
2020-21 District Instructional Model Dashboard
The department has created the 2020-21 District Instructional Model Dashboard, which contains the following information for each district in Tennessee:
- District Number
- Student First Day
- Current Instructional Model
- Last Updated Date
This information is being submitted to the department by districts and will be updated on a weekly basis. To access the dashboard, click here.
Continuous Learning Plans:
- Continuous Learning Plans: Template (Added 6.26.20)
- Continuous Learning Plans: Rubric (Updated 7.15.20)
- Continuous Learning Plans: FAQ (Added 7.15.20)
- Continuous Learning Plans: Sample Instructional Day Schedules (7.15.20)
- Continuous Learning Plans: Artifact Planner (7.23.20)
Continuous Learning Plans Office Hours:
Districts or public charter schools seeking technical assistance in developing their CLP may utilize the department’s CLP office hours supports. During office hours, department staff focusing on supporting specific sections of the CLP template will be available to answer questions or provide support.
The weekly schedule for office hours is 12-1 p.m. CT each day, as follows:
- Mondays: Section 2 (Models) and Section 3 (Instruction)
- Tuesdays: Section 4 (Attendance)
- Wednesdays: Section 5 (Instructional Technology)
- Thursdays: Section 6 (Professional Development) and Section 7 (Monitoring)
- Fridays: Section 8 (Communications) and General/Open Questions
CLP Office Hours Hotline:
To get assistance with your questions, please call in to the office hour hotline to schedule an appointment for one-on-one support.
- Dial: +1 615-270-9704
- Conference ID: 685 761 831#
Approved Continuous Learning Plans:
Approved Continuous Learning Plans are made available in ePlan.
To view approved Continuous Learning Plans:
- Go to eplan.tn.gov.
- Use the left menu, and choose Search > Organizations.
- Type the Charter School or District Name in the Organization Name area.
- Click Search.
- Select the result (school or district) to view.
- From the left menu, choose Funding > Application Supplements.
- Keep the defaultdrop down menus set as 2021 and Active.
- Choose Continuous Learning Plan.
- Related Documents, including the full CLP, can be found in Related Documents.
- Contact information can be found on the Cover Page.