ESSA Title VI
The Small, Rural School Achievement Program is an initiative designed to address the unique needs of rural school districts. These districts frequently lack personnel and resources needed to compete for federal competitive grants and often receive formula allocations that are too small to be used effectively for their intended purposes. The program retains the Rural Education Achievement Program, which provides additional formula funds and flexibility in the use of certain funds to small rural districts.
Grant funds awarded to local educational agencies under this subpart shall be used for any of the following:
- Teacher recruitment and retention, including the use of signing bonuses and other financial incentives.
- Teacher professional development, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train special needs teachers.
- Educational technology, including software and hardware, as described in part D of title II. (for which funds are no longer available because US Ed did not reauthorize)
- Parental involvement activities.
- Activities authorized under the Safe and Drug-Free Schools program under part A of title IV.
- Activities authorized under part A of title I.
- Activities authorized under title III.