Information for Educators
- When is the 2019-20 VPK application window open?
The application window opened on Monday, Dec. 3, 2018. It must be completed and submitted through ePlan by Feb. 8, 2019, at 5 p.m. CT.
- Has the application changed since last year?
The content of the VPK application is similar to the 2018-19 application. An informational webinar regarding the application and process was held on Dec. 3 and the recording is available here.
- Where can I find the application packet?
A full PDF version of the application is available here.
- Who can I send questions on the application?
An informational webinar about the application will be held on Jan. 22 at 11:00 a.m. CT, which will provide an opportunity for individuals completing the 2019-20 application to ask questions. As you are working on your application, we also encourage you to submit questions here by Jan. 17 to ensure they can be addressed during the Jan. 22 webinar.
- Will the webinars be recorded and made available?
The webinar on Dec. 3 was recorded and is now available with the FAQs on this page. A recording of the Jan. 22 webinar will also be available after that webinar concludes.
- What students are included in the utilization calculation?
Utilization reflects only the number of low-income four-year-old students enrolled in VPK seats.
- How do I know if my district is exempt from answering portions of the application?
Only districts that meet or exceed 90 percent utilization for the current (2018-19) school year are exempt from providing written responses within the Program Management section to questions II.c., II.d., and II.e.; additionally, these districts must still attach a copy of their student application.
- Did my district receive CLASS observation data?
The office of early learning will be sending CLASS data reports to VPK directors in early February to help districts identify trends for continuous improvement.
Please note that the lack of CLASS data will not impact the scoring of VPK applications, particularly for Section IX.a. Professional Learning Opportunities of the VPK application. Your inability to incorporate comments related to CLASS data into your VPK application will not affect your district’s score for this section.
- What resources can I review in preparing my district’s application?
The department has published the following documents: