Information for Parents
Early intervention is crucial for providing a good education to children with special needs. TEIS helps families with disabled or developmentally delayed children connect to the supports and services they need. Learn more from the following brochures:
Make a Referral to TEIS
You may make a referral to TEIS by:
- calling (800) 852-7157,
- completing our online referral form, or
- calling your local district office listed on the TEIS main page.
Please provide the following information:
- your name and contact information,
- the child’s name, date of birth, county the child lives in,
- parent information (if someone other than the parent calls), and
- the reason for referral or developmental concern.
Information from the child’s doctor as well as the results of a developmental test will determine if a child meets the eligibility criteria in Tennessee. Read more about eligibility requirements.
How Much Does TEIS Cost?
Tennessee has a system of payment process in place to ensure that supports and services are provided in a way that will not create a financial hardship for families. Read more about the TEIS system of payment.