2021 Tennessee Educator Survey
The Tennessee Educator Survey (TES) is the most important annual survey used to understand the experiences of educators across Tennessee. Each year, the department and Tennessee Education Research Alliance (TERA) gather this information to empower stakeholders and decision-makers across the state to better meet the needs of teachers. We thank the more than 40,000 educators who participated in this year’s survey. Responses represent 55% percent of the state’s teachers and administrators. We look forward to sharing the results over the next few months.
Staff Appreciation Grant Winners
Congratulations to the six schools who were selected via lottery to win staff appreciation grants for high participation rates in this year’s survey!
One $2,500 “Newcomer Award” was awarded to a school that reached a 45% participation rate in 2021 but did not in 2020:
Two $5,500 Awards for Participation Rates of 65% or Higher
· Alcoa Middle School, Alcoa City Schools – 70% Response Rate
· Altruria Elementary, Bartlett City Schools – 83% Response Rate
Three $5,500 Awards for Participation Rates of 90% or Higher
· Chuckey Elementary, Greene County – 92% Response Rate
· Niota Elementary, McMinn County – 90% Response Rate
· Wayne County High School, Wayne County – 90% Response Rate