TNReady English Language Arts
- The English language arts (ELA) assessments will be administered in four subparts for grades 3-8 and in three subparts for high school end-of-course exams.
- The time allotted for each subpart and the total time for ELA is similar to last year.
- The first subpart is the writing portion of the assessment, which must be completed during the first week of the testing window because student responses are scored individually by hand.
- The ELA assessment will assess the Tennessee Academic Standards through literary and informational texts requiring students to demonstrate the ability to read closely, analyze text, answer text-dependent questions, provide a written response to a prompt, and demonstrate command of the English language. Additionally, in grades 3 and 4, fluency, comprehension, and listening skills are measured.
The files below contain questions from previous TNReady assessments.
- Grades 3-8 Item Release, 2017-18
- EOC Item Release, 2017-18
- Grades 3-8 Item Release, Spring 2017
- EOC Item Release, 2016-17