Grade 2 Assessment
The second grade assessment is an optional test that districts can choose to administer.
This assessment will provide valuable data to both second and third grade teachers, ensuring that our youngest learners are strengthening foundational literacy and math skills early in their academic careers.
The English language arts portion of the assessment will cover:
- Foundational literacy skills
- Language: conventions, grammar, and spelling
- Foundational literacy fluency
The math portion of the assessment will cover:
- Computation with whole numbers
- Number relationships and patterns
- Measurement concepts
- Data and geometric concepts
The files below contain questions from previous TCAP assessments.