Read to be Ready Interventionist, Achievement Schools
About the Achievement Schools:
Our goal is ambitious: move the bottom 5% of Tennessee's Schools into the top 25%. We cannot do this without outstanding people leading our classrooms and schools.
The ASD is a people powered, student driven organization. We need people who are not only excited about the mission to transform the bottom 5% of schools, but who are also committed to it. The work is exciting, the work is challenging, and it may be for you.
Achievement Schools in Memphis, Tennessee:
- Corning Achievement Elementary
- Frayser Achievement Elementary
- Georgian Hills Achievement Elementary
- Whitney Achievement Elementary
- Westside Achievement Middle
An Achievement Schools Read to be Ready Interventionist is responsible for providing intensive, differentiated support to students in small groups. The Read to be Ready Interventionist works directly with 6-8th Grade students with a focus on building proficient readers.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Provide differentiated reading instruction to small groups for students in Kindergarten through third grade.
- Participate in professional development on school resources to ensure small groups are effective.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers for success for all students.
- Manage and update student data and documents in compliance with school and network RTI expectations.
- Support assessments to measure student progress including benchmark testing and weekly progress monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution (preferred)
- Current Tennessee teaching license (preferred)
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Preferably at least 2 years of work experience in a school setting
- Preferably at least 1 year working with students in small group or tutoring settings
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $45,000 - $60,000. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and a retirement/pension plan through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS).
Please e-mail your resume, copy of teacher license (if licensed), and contact information for three professional references to Andrea.D.Wilkerson@tn.gov.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee's policy of non-discrimination, the Tennessee Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.