Operations Manager, Achievement Schools
About the Achievement Schools:
Our goal is ambitious: move the bottom 5% of Tennessee's Schools into the top 25%. We cannot do this without outstanding people leading our classrooms and schools.
The ASD is a people powered, student driven organization. We need people who are not only excited about the mission to transform the bottom 5% of schools, but who are also committed to it. The work is exciting, the work is challenging, and it may be for you.
Achievement Schools in Memphis, Tennessee:
- Corning Achievement Elementary
- Frayser Achievement Elementary
- Georgian Hills Achievement Elementary
- Whitney Achievement Elementary
- Westside Achievement Middle
This position is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations management and support for the district and direct run schools, one of which is orchestrating a sustainable and high-quality combination of contracted services, vendors and select in-house services to meet school needs. Cultivates the unique, inter-dependent relationship of the Achievement School District with LEAs, and helps to ensure a fair, transparent and reciprocal operating relationship. Working closely with Executive Director of Operations, the Operations Manager plays an important role in school transition and startup planning, portfolio–wide service level goal setting and accountability, vendor performance management and customer service, and other related operations strategies.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
School Site Operations
- Work closely with School Administration Managers at the direct run schools to ensure a high quality, responsive front office and school support system
- Coordinate information technology services with internal and external providers, including communications systems, support, training, and equipment
- Work with principal and HR generalist to ensure that all teachers are properly licensed and certified, and work with HR to address any staff benefits or pay issues
- Work with the district enrollment and school support staff to coordinate logistics for the enrollment and registration process, state testing and other community events
- Coordinate data for state, federal, and grant program compliance reporting with the Support Team
- Manage annual inventory reconciliation and submission for each of the direct-run schools in tandem with each school's principal and School Administration Manager.
Procurement & Contracts
- Own school and district level contract and procurement relationships; service scheduling, implementation, and quality management; communicate regularly with the Support Team
- Supervise all auxiliary school services and third party personnel including safety/security, transportation, custodial services, and nutrition services
- Provide support and guidance for all purchase requests for materials, supplies, and equipment
Facilities, Transportation, Nutrition Services
- Communicate need for facility renovation, maintenance and upkeep to the Executive Director of Operations for budgeting and planning
- Oversee annual inventory submission and collection from each school in the ASD.
- Manage the school's food, transportation and custodial services by engaging in a professional, working relationship with service providers, ensuring resolution of service issues, and escalating as necessary.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Technology to track and conduct inventory of all school assets and property
District and Network Operations
- Build and maintain relationships across ASD operators and with service providers and district department staff
- Work with the Executive Director of Operations to coordinate effective school transitions and school startup activities
- Ensure effective operations of the central offices (Pcard compliance, inventory of supplies, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
Successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Sound Judgment
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $49,092 - $56,456. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and a retirement/pension plan through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS).
Please e-mail your resume, copy of teacher license (if licensed), and contact information for three professional references to Andrea.D.Wilkerson@tn.gov.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee's policy of non-discrimination, the Tennessee Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.