Achievement Schools TeacherElementary Teacher Grades K-5 available - 6th and 7th grade Math Teachers
About the Achievement Schools:
Our goal is ambitious: move the bottom 5% of Tennessee's Schools into the top 25%. We cannot do this without outstanding people leading our classrooms and schools.
The ASD is a people powered, student driven organization. We need people who are not only excited about the mission to transform the bottom 5% of schools, but who are also committed to it. The work is exciting, the work is challenging, and it may be for you.
Achievement Schools in Memphis, Tennessee:
- Corning Achievement Elementary
- Frayser Achievement Elementary
- Georgian Hills Achievement Elementary
- Whitney Achievement Elementary
- Westside Achievement Middle
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Foster a positive, productive classroom culture
- Plan and deliver rigorous, standards-aligned lessons that cultivate students' knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Contribute to the school community
- Use data to reflect regularly upon student learning and adjust course when necessary
- Collaborate with colleagues in a productive and professional way
The Achievement Schools is actively seeking teachers who embody the following characteristics:
- Team Player - Values collaborating with and working alongside others; works productively to resolve conflict and assumes the best in others
- Drive - Motivated to pursue actions and solutions that dramatically advance student achievement
- Culturally Aware - Holds expectations for all students, works well across lines of difference, committed to the community
- Data-driven - Consistently gathers and utilizes data to drive student achievement
- Professional - Presents themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with students, families, and the community
- Self-Aware - Operates with humility, recognizes one's strengths and limitations, acknowledges the critical role that teachers play in students' achievement, and proactively works to learn and improve their craft
- Commitment to working with historically underserved students
Benefits of Working at the Achievement Schools:
- Leading change in underserved students and communities
- Ongoing professional development, coaching, and support
- A centralized curriculum planning and coaching team which will support your planning efforts in the classroom
- Proven, experienced Memphis leadership in schools and at the network leadership level
- Generous compensation with opportunities for significant growth and leadership
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement
- Benefits and perks of employment with the State of Tennessee, including (but not limited to) state higher education fee discounts / waivers
- Eligible for public service student loan forgiveness
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Valid and active Tennessee teaching license required
- Experience teaching in an urban community preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $45,000 - $60,000. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and a retirement/pension plan through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS).
Please e-mail your resume, copy of teacher license, and contact information for three professional references to Andrea.D.Wilkerson@tn.gov.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee's policy of non-discrimination, the Tennessee Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.