Career Opportunities - Temporary/Part-Time
Social Studies Coordinator
Tennessee Department of Education 710 James Robertson Parkway Nashville, TN 37243
The department is seeking a Civics Process Manager who will work in a consultant capacity to assist with external and internal stakeholders in regards to the Governor’s Civics Seal, including activities such as writing newsletters, social media, publications, and online content; planning meetings; providing grant support; and assisting with program management.
The ideal candidate has a foundation in program management and has demonstrated best practices in this area. The Civic Process Manager will be able to develop strong systems to support operational excellence surrounding the implementation of programing, including work throughout the state and with diverse stakeholder groups. This position will be focused on civics education and the implementation of grants associated with the Governor’s Civics Seal. The Civics Process Manager will help manage grant compliance and ensure communication is maintained between grant awardees and the department.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor, and track data submitted by recipients of the Governor’s Civics Seal mini-grants
- Assist in gathering formative metrics related to the Governor’s Civics Seal
- Assist in project management and task tracking of viable work streams
- Analyze data collected from mini-grant awardees
- Work alongside the Social Studies Coordinator to initiate, plan, execute, and monitor civics initiatives related to the Governor’s Civics Seal
- Document evaluations of materials and content reviews, if applicable
- Ensure all stakeholders are well-informed by creating a master list of contact information, answering inquiries in a timely fashion, managing mail merges, preparing monthly communications (e.g., newsletters, webinars), and managing the Governor’s Civics Seal webpage
- Participate in check-in calls to monitor progress of grant recipients and provide feedback
- Document completion and quality of progress reports and deliverables submitted by grant recipients
- Prepare monthly reports for the Social Studies Coordinator outlining data for the month
- Provide additional services and logistics as requested by the state
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have excellent written English and proven experience in writing/copy editing
- Professional experience with public communication
- Experience with program and fiscal management
- Proficient using technology and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities, (e.g., developing webinars, PowerPoint presentations)
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Salary and Benefits:
This position is contract based and will begin in Dec. of 2020 and in June conclude of 2020.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to Claudia.Lewis@tn.gov.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is filled.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee's policy of non-discrimination, the Tennessee Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.