Starting in April 2023, Medicaid eligibility redeterminations, also known as annual renewals, resume on an annual basis for persons in the DIDD waivers. These have been paused since March 2020 due to the COVID public health emergency.
- TennCare and DIDD will first attempt to auto-renew every person’s health care coverage during their renewal month using existing and allowable data sources, like SNAP eligibility and IRS information. If TennCare can verify that a person still qualifies, the individual will receive a notice that their coverage was renewed.
- If TennCare cannot auto-renew coverage using existing data sources, the person will receive a pre-populated renewal packet by mail or a notification by email, depending on their selected preference.
- For 1915 (c) waiver participants, ISCs will be responsible for working with the person and/or the authorized representative to complete the packets on an annual basis and submit them for approval.
- Annual renewals are generally not required for people who receive standalone supplemental security income (SSI)
- Persons and families will still receive a packet to complete, and will receive communication from TennCare including text messages where possible urging them to complete the information.
It’s important to stress that given the large number of reviews to be completed, it will take a team effort on the part of DIDD, ISCs, providers and the people we support to ensure continuation of services. As DIDD’s waivers are closed to new enrollment, failure to complete the redetermination packet will result in disenrollment after a period of time. Those who are disenrolled will not be able to re-enter the DIDD waivers.
DIDD Redetermination Resources
TennCare Redetermination Resources
TennCare has several resources to assist those who want to learn more about the process. Preparing for Renewals (tn.gov)
Each region has staff identified to work with ISCs and service providers where necessary to assist and monitor the submissions. If you have questions, please contact the following:
East Regional Office:
Kimberly Baker, Provider Support Team Coordinator
Lorene Kieffer, Provider Enrichment Coordinator/ISC Liaison
Middle Regional Office:
West Regional Office: