Part B Services
- Part B of the Katie Beckett Program will serve children with disabilities or complex medical needs.
- Children in Part B will not be enrolled in Medicaid. They would receive up to $10,000 a year in services for their child.
- Families will have the flexibility to choose any or all of the following services within their budget: premium assistance, a health-care savings type account, reimbursement for services that would benefit the child but can’t be covered under a health-care savings account, consumer-directed respite, and supportive home care services, or an array of services from a community-based provider.
Payflex has rebranded and is now Inspira. We are trying to make sure all references are updated to reflect this change. If you happen to find a resource not yet updated contact our web guy.
The Katie Beckett HealthCare Reimbursement Account (HRA) allows people to spend program dollars on IRS qualified HealthCare expenses. The HRA for Katie Beckett is Inspira. Information about qualified expenses can be found on Inspira’s website at www.inspirafinancial.com.
Further questions about HRA use can be directed to StateofTN@inspirafinancial.com.
- Inspira Webinar Recording March 2023
- Inspira PowerPoint Presentation March 2023
- Inspira WebEx Recording August 2022
- Inspira PowerPoint Presentation August 2022
- Inspira Website - Login Instructions
- Inspira September 2021 PowerPoint
- Inspira September 2021 WebEx Recording
- Using your KB Part B Benefits - HRA
- Inspira March 2021 PowerPoint
- Inspira March 2021 WebEx Recording
- Katie Beckett Inspira WebEx Questions
- Inspira Letter of Medical Necessity Form
- How to Verify Inspira Card Purchases Online
- Keep Inspira Card Active Flyer
- Video: Keeping Your Card Active
- Inspira Mobile Application Flyer
- Video: How to File a Claim with Inspira
- Inspira Reimbursement Quick Reference Guide
- Letter of Medical Necessity - Updated January 2024
- Sample Mileage Log
- Sample Invoice for Tutoring Services
- Sample Invoice for Respite Services
- Sample Invoice for Providers
DIDD utilizes Consumer Direct Care Network of Tennessee as the fiscal entity responsible for payment of health insurance premium assistance, reimbursement for services not covered in the HRA, and consumer-directed respite and supportive home care.
CDTN's customer service team may be reached at InfoCDTN@consumerdirectcare.comCDTN or 888-450-3242 to assist with questions regarding enrollment forms and payment information for consumer-directed services.
Other questions about these services can be directed to your Katie Beckett case manager.