TEIS Advisory Councils
State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC)
The State Interagency Coordinating Council for TEIS has established a guiding vision to support the department through a statewide comprehensive, coordinated, multidisciplinary, interagency system of early intervention services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families in Tennessee. This council is statutorily created and required by law.
SICC meetings will now be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform. We are making this change to best accommodate all participants. Teams meetings are best when you join them from the Teams app or Teams on the web.
On the meeting invitation, click the “Click here to join the meeting” option. If you have any questions on how to join, please click the “learn more” option at the bottom of the invitation. If you are joining the meeting by phone, please use the call-in number on the invitation and the conference ID.
If you need the use of an ASL interpreter, they will be joining our Microsoft Teams meeting. The best way to view the interpreter and the meeting content at the same time is to pin the interpreter.
- Once you see the interpreter in the meeting, right-click on their video and select pin.
- To unpin the interpreter, right-click again and click unpin.
- It is recommended that you pin both interpreters for your convenience when the interpreters switch throughout the meeting.
You can also turn on the live captioning feature for direct access to what is being said.
- Please note that live captioning is automated and may include some errors.
- You can click on the three ellipses (more actions)and click “turn on live captions” to enable the live captioning.
- SICC meetings are open to the public and allow for public comment. If you would like to speak, please sign up online, no later than 4 pm CST the Thursday before any scheduled meeting.
- Speakers are not required to sign up in advance but are limited to five minutes in front of the council. Speakers are permitted to address the council on a specific agenda item, or any issue related to the council. The chair, at his or her discretion, may extend the time limit to allow for more questioning.
SICC 2021 Meeting Dates
- July 20
- October 19
- Rebecca Aslinger, Chair, Chattanooga
- Jessica Beaver, Vice-Chair, Jackson
- Gary Smith, Nashville
- Vickie Trice, Nashville
- Gabrielle Madison, Nashville
- Jacqueline Johnson, Nashville
- Gwen Laaser, Nashville
- Melissa Binkley, Nashville
- Jolene Sharp, Nashville
- Krista Krueger, Nashville
- Catherine Knowles, Nashville
- Kimberly Wingate, Chattanooga
- Alacia Stainbrook, Nashville
- James Van Decar, Brentwood
- Karen Pryor, Nashville
- Chase Davenport, Knoxville
- Lisa Manis, Elizabethton
- Katie Cundy, Nashville
- Jennifer Schultz, Thompson’s Station
- Morgan Robertson, Goodlettsville
- Rachael Cope, Corryton
- LeeAnn Finnegan, Nashville
- Tara Milen, Chattanooga
- Deborah Lowen, Nashville
Early Intervention Resource Agency (EIRA) Advisory Council
This newly formed council will be responsible for strengthening the relationship between TEIS and the EIRA community. Stakeholders from across the state will meet quarterly to formulate new ideas that will positively impact EIRAs, children, and families. This council was created by DIDD to provide an open line of communication and feedback between the state and external stakeholders.
EIRA Council Members:
- Nicole Dolan, Michael Dunn Center
- Kimberly Hale, ETSU Center of Excellence in Early Childhood (Council Chair)
- Julie Hill, Siskin’s Children Institute
- Thelma Uzonyi, UT Department of Audiology & Speech Pathology
- Kimberly Harris, Project Memphis
- Elizabeth McMahon, SRVS Kids Memphis
- Jennifer Choate, Waves Inc. Franklin
- LaTonya Mott, Kids Putnam
- Rosario Langlois, First Steps
- Teresa Winnette, Community Development Center
- July 13
- Meeting minutes can be found here.
Vendor Advisory Council
This newly formed council will be responsible for strengthening the relationship between TEIS and the vendor community. Stakeholders from across the state will meet quarterly to formulate new ideas that will positively impact vendors, children, and families. This council was created by DIDD to provide an open line of communication and feedback between the state and external stakeholders.
- Kathleen Simcoe, Middle
- Holly Hanna, East
- Ashley Painter, Middle
- Haley Vincent, West
- Matthew Davidson, West
- Keshia Thomas, Middle
- Danielle Carder, Middle
- Drew MacFadyen, East
- Kristin Garner, Middle
- Scooter Ball, Middle
- Whitnie Clark, Middle
- Julie Ariemma, West
- July 8
- October 7
Meeting minutes can be found here.
Refer a child to TEIS
You may make a referral to TEIS by completing our online referral form or by calling (800) 852-7157. The referral form can also be found in the MyTN app, available on your app store.
Please be prepared to provide the child’s name, date of birth, county of residence, parent information (if someone other than the parent calls), and reason for referral.