TEIS Advisory Councils
State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC)
The State Interagency Coordinating Council for TEIS has established a guiding vision to support the department through a statewide comprehensive, coordinated, multidisciplinary, interagency system of early intervention services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families in Tennessee. This council is statutorily created and required by law.
If you would like to learn more about the SICC, read our bylaws.
- SICC meetings are held in person at DIDD's Middle TN Regional Office. More meeting information can be found on our events page.
- ASL interpreters will be available at each meeting
- SICC meetings are open to the public and allow for public comment. If you would like to speak, please sign up online, no later than 4 pm CST the Thursday before any scheduled meeting.
- Speakers must attend in person. Speakers are not required to sign up in advance but are limited to five minutes in front of the council. Speakers are permitted to address the council on a specific agenda item, or any issue related to the council. The chair, at his or her discretion, may extend the time limit to allow for more questioning.
SICC 2022 Meeting Dates
- January 25
- April 12
- July 12
- October 18
- Rebecca Aslinger, Chair, Chattanooga
- Jessica Beaver, Vice-Chair, Jackson
- Gary Smith, Nashville
- Vickie Trice, Nashville
- Jacqueline Johnson, Nashville
- Gwen Laaser, Nashville
- Melissa Binkley, Nashville
- Jolene Sharp, Nashville
- Krista Krueger, Nashville
- Catherine Knowles, Nashville
- Kimberly Wingate, Chattanooga
- Alacia Stainbrook, Nashville
- James Van Decar, Brentwood
- Karen Pryor, Nashville
- Chase Davenport, Knoxville
- Lisa Manis, Elizabethton
- Jennifer Schultz, Thompson’s Station
- Morgan Robertson, Goodlettsville
- Rachael Cope, Corryton
- LeeAnn Finnegan, Nashville
- Tara Milen, Chattanooga
- Deborah Lowen, Nashville
- Kelly Hyde, Nashville
Early Intervention Resource Agency (EIRA) Advisory Council
This newly formed council will be responsible for strengthening the relationship between TEIS and the EIRA community. Stakeholders from across the state will meet quarterly to formulate new ideas that will positively impact EIRAs, children, and families. This council was created by DIDD to provide an open line of communication and feedback between the state and external stakeholders.
EIRA Council Members:
- Nicole Dolan, Michael Dunn Center
- Julie Hill, Siskin’s Children Institute
- Thelma Uzonyi, UT Department of Audiology & Speech Pathology
- Nicole Perkins, Therapy and Learning Center
- Elizabeth McMahon, SRVS Kids Memphis
- Jennifer Choate, Waves Inc. Franklin
- LaTonya Mott, Kids Putnam
- Rosario Langlois, First Steps
- Teresa Winnette, Community Development Center
- January 11
- February 8
- May 10
- August 9
- November 8
Vendor Advisory Council
This newly formed council will be responsible for strengthening the relationship between TEIS and the vendor community. Stakeholders from across the state will meet quarterly to formulate new ideas that will positively impact vendors, children, and families. This council was created by DIDD to provide an open line of communication and feedback between the state and external stakeholders.
- Kathleen Simcoe, Middle
- Holly Hanna, East
- Ashley Painter, Middle
- Haley Vincent, West
- Matthew Davidson, West
- Keshia Thomas, Middle
- Danielle Carder, Middle
- Krissie Self, East
- Kristin Garner, Middle (Council Chair)
- Scooter Ball, Middle
- Whitnie Clark, Middle
- Julie Ariemma, West
- January 13
- April 14
- July 14
- October 13
Refer a child to TEIS
You may make a referral to TEIS by completing our online referral form or by calling (800) 852-7157. The referral form can also be found in the MyTN app, available on your app store.
Please be prepared to provide the child’s name, date of birth, county of residence, parent information (if someone other than the parent calls), and reason for referral.