New Pandemic Aid for Former Tennessee Foster Youth
Some Tennessee DCS Foster Care Alumni Eligible for Stimulus Money
There are federal stimulus funds available to some of the young people who have been in foster care in Tennessee to assist with living expenses, such as rent, groceries, transportation, and education. Spread the word to anyone you know who you think might qualify, and once we hear from them, we'll take it from there.
There are $7.4 million in stimulus funds available. Depending on the number of eligible applications received, individual checks may be worth up to $1,200, while funds last.
Who Can Qualify
- Young adults who were in foster care in Tennessee at the age of 14 or older and are currently between the ages of 18-20 (not yet 21) may be eligible.
How to Apply
- If you are currently in Extension of Foster Care, contact your Independent Living Specialist or Youth Villages Specialist.
- If not, fill out the application below.
- Be sure your contact information is accurate on the application so that we can easily get in touch with you. If you have questions, please include them when filling out the application.
- Important: Please fill out the application only one time.
Spread the Word
- Many former foster parents are still in touch with young people who may be eligible. Please let them know!
- The same goes for friends, siblings and former case managers