Internship Application Process
To be considered as an Intern with the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services, we will need the attached forms completed, along with the below-listed items, to process your request.
- Completed application
- Letter of interest
- Two references (professional or service-oriented)
- Specific internship duration and work hours expected
- Driver’s License
- Car Insurance
- Auto Registration
To be eligible to participate, interns must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher).
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the outset of the internship.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must sign the Intern Handbook at the outset of the internship and abide by its terms;
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check; and
- Must complete Respectful Workplace and G.R.E.A.T. Customer Service training within one (1) month of the internship start date.
Student Interns Receiving College Credit - It is the student’s responsibility to provide proof to the agency that he/she is receiving school credit for the internship and work with the agency to ensure credit requirements are met.