Mission of Victim Services:
To support victims, their families, and the laws that protect their rights, while utilizing recognized principles of offender behavioral change to help reduce the risk of repeat criminal behavior.
The Tennessee Department of Correction is committed to providing direct services to victims of crime. The Department is mandated by law and policy to keep registered victims, survivors, family members and interested parties informed of an offender's status, release dates, escapes and movements with a lower security designation.
Offenders receive victim impact classes that are designed and structured to increase their awareness and understanding of the impact crime has on victims.
Victim Services also provides a voluntary victim-offender dialogue program that gives victims of crime the opportunity to have a structured face-to-face meeting with the offender who has victimized them should they so desire.
Victim Services Division
320 6th Avenue North
Rachel Jackson Building, 5th Floor
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0465
Phone: (615) 253-8145 or (615) 253-8128
Fax: (615) 741-1055
If you are a victim or family member of a victim, and you would like to register for notification regarding a Tennessee offender incarcerated or supervised by the Tennessee Department of Correction, visit Tennessee Victims Have A VOICE for additional information.
In accordance with Tennessee law, the Department of Correction will not release any identifying information on registered victims of crime, their family members and interested members of the public.
Services Available for Victims of Crime?
- Crisis intervention and advocacy throughout the corrections process, assisting victims with concerns related to inmates under our jurisdiction.
- Victim Speakers Bureau - If you or a loved one are a victim of crime and would like to share your story, please contact Victim Services Division, at (615) 253-8145.
- Community education about policies and procedures of TDOC.
- Referrals to other state and community services.
Resources for Victims of Crime:
- Victims' Voice Newsletters
- Victim Services Brochure
- Victims Have A VOICE
- Victim Rights
- Victim Feedback
- National & State Victim Service Organizations
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Victim Services
- Frequently Asked Questions