Tornado and Severe Weather Recovery Efforts
On March 3, 2020 Tennessee was impacted by widespread tornadoes and severe storms. The Tennessee Emergency Management website offers resources for those recovering and will be updated regularly.
- Information for tornado survivors is available on TEMA’s Tornado and Severe Weather Response webpage.
- Those who need help with debris removal can contact the Crisis Cleanup Hotline at 1-800-451-1954.
- Airbnb is providing no-cost accommodations to Tennessee storm and tornado survivors, https://www.airbnb.com.
- Tennessee’s Crisis Phone Line is 1-855-274-7471 to speak with a trained mental health professional.
- Volunteer in Davidson County to help survivors with Hands on Nashville, 615-298-1108 or www.hon.org.
- Volunteer to help survivors in other Tennessee counties with TN VOAD, https://tnvoad.shutterfly.com/.
- Avoid disaster-related scams with help from the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs, 615-741-4743 or www.tn.gov/consumer.
- Get help on filing insurance claims, hiring contractors, and reporting misconduct with the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, www.tn.gov/commerce.
- Local short-term or permanent rental housing options with the Tennessee Housing Development Agency, www.TNHousingSearch.org or 1-877-428-8844.
- The Tennessee Department of Safety has Driver Services Mobile Units in Cookeville and Nashville to help those who have lost IDs during the storms, http://bit.ly/32PaTuF.