Site Directions: From the intersection of US 11E and West Summer Street in Greeneville, Take TN-70 South for 2.5 miles.
Turn left onto Lincoln Drive for 0.2 miles. Turn right onto Allens Bridge Road for 0.6 miles. Turn right onto Meadow Creek Road for 1.4 miles. Slight left onto Birds Bridge Road for 1.4 miles.
The destination will be on the right before crossing the bridge.
Lat: 36.086585°N Long: -82.824962°W
Hours: daylight hours
Seasonality: Open year-round. The WMA is primarily accessed by boat at Kinser Park and Birds Bridge Boat ramps. There are no roads within the WMA. Nolichucky is foot travel only.
Site Description: The Nolichucky WMA also known as Davy Crocket Lake and is very shallow. The 383 acre reservoir extends upstream about 6 miles from the dam.
The Nolichucky Dam and Powerhouse was built by the Tennessee Eastern Electric Company in 1913. The reservoir has been maintained by the Tennessee Valley Authority(TVA) since 1945. TVA suspended hydroelectric power production in 1972 due to excessive siltation within the reservoir.
Since 1972, the area has been used for wildlife management, environmental education, and Kinser Park
Wildlife to Watch: For the birdwatcher, Nolichucky is a good place in east Tennessee area to find a large variety of hawks, sparrows, waterfowl, and neotropical migrants.